So on 8/26/2026, I was trying to verify this puzzle before the lecture for one of my classes started. And then the professor came with a skateboard and helmet and immediately loaded up the NYT Connections for us to help solve. But I did it earlier that day and STILL decided to give hints. And when he divides the class into small groups, he has all the group names be synonymous with "Group 1" instead of something like "Group 1," "Group 2," etc. to make everyone feel like a winner!
Anyways, back to the puzzle. I wanted a 10-cell renban heart centered in the puzzle. But I can't add a 10-cell renban line because with the digits from 1-9, we're only able to add a renban lines with 9 cells. So what did I do? I added a 10th digit. And with this deficit sudoku setup, we're just throwing certain sudoku logic out the window.
And yes I know a "vel" (object) means something else but in reality this puzzle is dedicated to uhhh... Vel. The one on the CI dev team. You might notice a bunch of weird images all containing "Vel" in some way because I like joking around about "Vel" being in a lot of places on the CI server. And if you know what CI is you know what CI is
sleep
Creator's time: 101:11 (binary soul 💀)
Rules: Deficit Sudoku (Full) Rules \ Place a number from 0-9 into each empty cell so that each row, column, and 3×3 box contains each number at most once.
Variant 1: Renban \ Digits on a magenta Renban line form a set of non-repeating, consecutive digits in any order.
Variant 2: Friendly Cells \ Digits containing a small heart symbol must match their row, column, or box number.
Comments
Post a Comment