Just felt like adding this because why not.
Labels under the Genres, Difficulties, and All Labels categories should be self-explanatory.
Puzzle Types:
- Connection - Involves drawing lines to form a network.
- Example puzzle: Serene Bridges (17).
- Instructionless - Involves deducing the rules of a puzzle, often with an example.
- Example puzzle: The practice puzzles I made for Deckardv's 3rd puzzle night.
- Loop - Involves drawing lines to form a loop that may cross.
- Example puzzle: Truly Simple? (28).
- Numbers - Involves filling a grid with numbers.
- Example puzzle: Synergia (41).
- Object Placement - Involves placing more abstract objects on a grid.
- Example puzzle: Light Up (39).
- Puzzle Hunt - A more open-ended puzzle genre; solvers often have to find the rules themselves.
- Example puzzle: MIT Mystery Hunt (will add a blog puzzle here when I add one of this type).
- Region Division - Involves dividing a grid into areas.
- Example puzzle: Embouteillage (32).
- Shading - Involves filling cells of the grid with colors (generally black/white).
- Example puzzle: First Survey (35).
- Words - Involves words of some sort.
- Example puzzle: Brazilian Snakes (40).
Tags:
- Author's Favorite - Puzzles that I really like.
- Author's Original - Puzzles that I would consider to be the best ones I've set.
- Competition - Discussion about a puzzle contest I participated in or contributed to.
- Hybrid - A combination of two or more genres.
- Information - A more informative post; generally doesn't contain puzzles.
- Multiple - Generally for puzzles composed of multiple sections that can be solved individually.
- Variant - Puzzles that deviate from standard rules in some way; generally by adding a constraint.
Comments
Post a Comment